Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Ecuador: Day 2 (afternoon) - Sacha Lodge

After a really big lunch, we had a little break. Dad took a nap while I braved the slow internet to put up the previous posts. 

At 3:30 we met with Andrew and Wilmer and took a walk through the jungle. The bugs weren't as persistent as they were on the tower, but they were certainly around. And even though we had a little rain and it was overcast, it was very hot and humid. 

So we saw some owls, various birds, bugs, etc. I'll leave most of the bird pics to Dad (will post later) but here are a couple things I shot this afternoon. 

Smooth-billed Anis

Some kind of butterfly

Wire tailed manikin









2 comments:

  1. sounds like you are eating your way through ecuador

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics! Sounds like fun, too! I especially like the "some kind of butterfly"...very technical, that. I wish y'all had time for a longer layover in Dallas. I would get you some real BBQ (not that airport stuff). <3

    ReplyDelete