Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Costa Rica: Day 7 - Arenal Volcano

Busy day all around the Observatory Lodge and all on foot.  The weather wasn't terribly cooperative, but we muddled through and got some good shots.  This place is pretty amazing. I recommend it for anyone who is planning on visiting the area.

Here's what we woke up to:



Here's what it looked like for the 3 minutes that the clouds left the peak today:


Without getting into too much detail (as I'm tired, and the room doesn't have wifi so I have to go to reception or the bar), I saved the bird pics for Dad, but due to some slight technical difficulties, we'll be posting his pics another day. 

Key points not included in the photos:
- I saw a whole herd(passel? troupe?) of coati walk past us in the forest today. I fully expected one to look up at me and say "Oy! Ake!" as they are the closest thing to billybumblers I have ever seen. 
- Bavaria Dark beer is pretty good. 
- My aunt Marcia is really good at yelling in Italian. 

On with the pics: 

Hepatic Tanager


Dualling Clay-colored Thrush (C R's national bird)

Tropical Pewee
Great Curassow











1 comment:

  1. Love the one with the two birds in "synchronized" flight

    ReplyDelete