Pages

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Costa Rica: Day 11 - Cerro Lodge

Today we went up into Carara National Park after chasing a Collared Forest Falcon around the lodge property during breakfast. I decided to spend the day shooting in manual mode (meaning there are few if any automated settings) and by lunch I was about ready to throw the camera into the Tarcoles River. The first two birds were the worst possible two birds to start that with, one being a wren that liked to somehow move and hide at the same time, the other being a ground bird that lives in darkness and probably wants it's "preciousssss".

Fortunately, lunch plus caffeine plus a little more light and I started to get the swing of it. I'm still not great at it, but I got a few good ones this afternoon. 

We're well over 300 birds for the trip now, with more on the way tomorrow. 

There's a lot of road to cover tomorrow, and hopefully it will be full of many stops and many new photos. 

Oh, and FYI, I did get a beer tonight, so all is well with the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment